UGADI SHUBHAKANKSHALU, HAPPY UGADI, HAPPY GUDI PADWA ~
PAYASAM, THE INDIAN RICE PUDDING, AN INTEGRAL PART OF MOST FESTIVALS AND CELEBRATIONS ~
ATUKULA PAYASAM RECIPE / POHA KHEER RECIPE / FLATTENED RICE PUDDING RECIPE ~
FOR GARNISHING ~
COOK WITH ME IN EASY STEPS~
- Transfer the contents of the frying pan into a grinder. Add the grated dry coconut too.
- Grind to a coarse powder.
- In the remaining ghee now add the flattened rice, coat each grain with ghee.
- Lightly fry them till crunchy. Remove the frying pan from the burner.
- Stir nicely and mix the contents of the pan.
- Next add the fried flattened rice into the milk. Stir well.
- Increase the heat and bring the content of the pan into a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the burner.
- Finally add the jaggery and stir well. ( NOTE ~ DO NOT ADD THE JAGGERY whether powder or liquid when the milk pudding is on the fire or without switching off the burner. If you do, the milk will curdle. Also if you are using liquid jaggery ensure it is in room temperature before adding to the pudding or else the milk will curdle. )
- Your Atukula Payasam is ready. Garnish with the left over nuts and raisins, transfer into serving bowls and serve either hot or cold.